Welcome to the website of the LAPIS 2018: "Cosmology in the era of large surveys". Here you will find all the information related to the meeting and the venue. please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
The purpose of the School is to present the state-of-the-art in Cosmology, discussing the latest developments from both theoretical and observational points of view. Lectures will be given by international experts and the programme includes optional lab sessions for students. The official language of the School will be English.
The School is intended for PhD students, young researchers and non-expert researchers which are interested in the field of Cosmology. Lab sessions are organised for those students who want to compute credits for their PhD courses. The School accepts poster contributions from students, to be discussed during the coffee breaks.
Online registration is open until March 1, 2018.
The topics of the School include:
- Inflation/Early Universe ( Matías Zaldarriaga)
- Cosmology with galaxy clusters / Foregrounds for B modes ( José Alberto Rubiño-Martín)
- BAO measurements and redshift space distortions (Ariel Sánchez)
- Large scale structures with Lyman-alpha forests (Julián Bautista)
- N-body simulations (Raúl Angulo)
- Dark Matter (Fabio Iocco)
- CMB polarization experiments (Jean-Christophe Hamilton)
- Statistical analysis of cosmological datasets (Claudia Scóccola)
- Non-standard Cosmology (Susana Landau)
- Modified Gravity (Santiago Perez-Bergliaffa)
- Formation and evolution of Galaxies (Cecilia Scannapieco)
Argentina was selected to be the host of the QUBIC experiment, an important project in Cosmology which has a novel technology to detect B-modes in the CMB polarization.